Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday Activity

Wasn't very active today because I was doing assessment. However I went to the beach planning on walking from one end and back. I took three children and the dog with me. That was a mistake. It was fun but for activity levels it wasn't good.

First my daughter stepped on something on the grass and cried about that. The kids had all said they would just go in their clothes so didn't have swimmers on and all ended up soaked. Then the dog did what dogs do (ugh) so I picked that up. By the time we got down one end of the beach I decided I wanted to go for a swim. We had been walking along the edge of the water and it was lovely. So I rang my husband and told him to bring dry stuff for the kids and my swimmers. Well he turned up and two of the kids were already complaining about wanting to go home. I open the bag to get out my swimmers and only the top was there. I don't think that is legal so we ended up coming home and swimming in our pool.

I did figure out that one way down the beach was 1km though. I guess that's something. It took me 13 minutes to walk though with my companions. Next time I think I will go alone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment