Friday, April 6, 2012

An update

I've been quiet! There's been a lot happening and it has affected my weight loss goals.

I had a really emotional week the week before last. Then I went away last weekend. I didn't go crazy but I did enjoy a few drinks-unusual for me as I am not much of a drinker-but I had the most delicious strawberry daiquiri. I was away with my Mum and we had a wonderful time shopping. I bought a new swimming costume, 2 dresses, a pair of size 10! pants (they are a little tight ;), a gorgeous long cardigan, a new handbag, a hat and a lovely pair of shoes. Very indulgent. But wonderful.

I gained 100 grams this week but as I had been away and hadn't exercised I wasn't surprised.

My focus hasn't been good this week either. I have been sick all week and had a couple of the kids sick. Thankfully today I am feeling better. The kids are away with their Dad for Easter so I spent this afternoon sorting out all the toys. I have a lot more house stuff to get through as well as a couple of assessments.

I think I am feeling pretty disappointed in myself. I wanted to do better during the 12WBT than I have. But I have lost 7.5% of my body weight. And improved my fitness and my mindset. I just wish I could be happy with whatever effort I put in. I think that it will never be enough for myself and I will always feel like I haven't done enough.

Consistency-that is what I need to nail!

No comments:

Post a Comment