Saturday, November 12, 2011

Gym Shopping

I am thinking I want to join a gym at some stage. Walking is ok but it doesn’t really push me and I need some guidance. So I went and checked one out this week. They are very focused on classes. They have a great range. But there is no beginner/ intermediate/ advanced classes. Their theory is that you will all work at your own pace and it will push you to do better. I am competitive. But that isn’t always a good thing for someone like me that compares myself to other people all the time. I think at this stage, for me, it won’t be motivating because I will end up feeling disappointed in myself for being so unfit. Intellectually I know that at least I am making a start and my fitness with improve and these are positive things but I think those emotions that will come along with that will be too challenging for me at this stage.
A friend of mine owns a gym so I have contacted her. They have no classes. I am not sure that I won’t ever want to do classes down the line. So not sure that is a great option either.
Then there is the more expensive option of the woman’s only gym. It isn’t as expensive as I had initially thought but it still quite a lot of money. Their facilities are excellent though.
There are a couple of other options locally too. I didn’t think this decision was going to be quite so hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment