Thursday, March 8, 2012

Turned a corner

I am back on track and feeling much better the past couple of days. It's been another busy week. Tuesday I went to Sydney with my daughter and saw Annie, came home and organised the kids and then went to my church's AGM at night. So a long day.

Wednesday I weighed in at 71.5kgs. Up 400 grams from my lowest weight 2 weeks ago but 500 grams down over the week which considering I didn't really monitor my food and didn't exercise is not so bad. I have a big goal to lose 1.6kgs this week which is a lot but as I have had a couple of not great weeks I think it is possible. That would bring me down to 69.9kgs which would be so awesome!

Today it was pouring again all morning. We have had constant rain. I went and did some shopping and then came home, watched a DVD and had a nap. Then the afternoon run around ncluding my swissball class. I really love that class. We have just done a house clean up and I am about to head a couple of kids off to the shower.

I am just doing the best I can. I don't need to do it all right now. It is ok to be behind on the videos. It is ok to not be up to date on the blogs I read. Can you tell I am trying to convince myself? lol Seriously though with my history of depression I should know how negative all or nothing thinking is. With a new mindset I have been achieving more though. I was so overwhelmed that it meant I was doing very little. And then it becomes a negative cycle that it is hard to get out of.

4 comments:

  1. You don't need to do it all, you just need to survive and be good to yourself.

    Also, you don't have to watch the videos so much as listen to them, I sometimes have them on in the background while working on my laptop. But if you play them while cooking dinner etc. that might work for you too.

    As for blogs, I use google reader and have my blogs put in folders (i.e. Favs, 12wbt etc.) so I can read up on a few or a lot depending on the time I have. It also keeps track of posts you have and haven't read for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're back on track.... I have lost my way on a few little things this past week and I really found that revisiting my commitment to do this 12wbt round was really helpful. I also can always hear Michelle in my head asking if I'm a woman of my word and am I doing this round with integrity. It really focuses me on what I want to do and - yes - jfdoing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments :) It feels good to be back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back on track Yvette! well done honey. I am needing to find the same sort of guidance to get myself back on. xoxo keep at it hun!

    ReplyDelete